The Buffalo Bills have primarily kept their core group intact for their next season in 2023, which makes sense. They’ve been AFC East Division leaders for the last four regular seasons but haven’t gotten past the second round of the playoffs for the previous two seasons.
The deficiencies they need to address are primarily in the defense. Josh Allen is a bulk of the offense at the moment, which might be why he was prone to mistakes and inconsistencies last season. Stefon Diggs was the main target of Allen’s throws. If he weren’t available or open, then Allen would often carry the ball himself. He was the leading rusher last season.
That’s probably why the Bills took tight end Dalton Kincaid in their first pick. He’s considered by most as the best pure pass-catching tight end in the draft. The Bills needed to get someone else that Allen could throw too. They also drafted O’Cyrus Torrence as a guard to the offensive line. Their rushing game wasn’t getting enough support from this line. Torrence should be able to improve the line.
Buffalo Bills 2023 Draft Picks
The Bills only had six picks this season.
- No. 25 – Dalton Kincaid, TE. The 6’ 4”, 246-pound basketball player turned to football in high school. He only played one year of football in high school but has made up for lost time.
- No. 59 – O’Cyrus Torrence, G. Still young as a redshirt junior who has the potential to surprise many people.
- No. 91 – Dorian Williams, LB. That was an excellent catch for the Bills. Williams ended his college career by being named Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP with 17 tackles.
- No. 150 – Justin Shorter, WR. Shorter faced stiff competition at Penn State and then at Florida. He accumulated 110 receptions for 1,552 yards and eight touchdowns in his five years of college.
- No. 230 – Nick Broeker, G. As a left tackle for his first three years at Ole Miss, Broeker allowed one sack in his first year and two sacks in each of the next two years. He was moved to guard in his last year, where he allowed zero sacks. In 2022, he won the 2022 Kent Hull Trophy for best offensive lineman in Mississippi.
- No. 252 – Alex Austin, CB. Another redshirt junior, Austin, is fast and productive.
Odds to Win the Super Bowl
Kansas City stands out as the favorite again this year, with the Eagles close behind. The line makers can’t decide whether they like Buffalo or San Francisco for the third spot in line.
Kansas City Chiefs +600
Philadelphia Eagles +700
Buffalo Bills +850
San Francisco 49ers +900
Cincinnati Bengals +1000
Odds to Win the AFC Championship
By taking out half of the teams in the league, the Buffalo Bills’ odds of winning the AFC Championship in 2023 improve. However, they still have the Chiefs in their way, and the Bengals are right on their heels. The Jets are far behind, but seeing how well they do with Aaron Rogers at the helm will be interesting.
Kansas City Chiefs +330
Buffalo Bills +500
Cincinnati Bengals +550
New York Jets +1100
To get so many wins as they did last season with only one main passing target and a running game that the quarterback dominates shows how impressive Allen and Diggs are. Credit should also be given to the defense for their part in winning so many games. They won 13 games and lost only three. And those three losses were by a total of eight points.
If the Bills can increase the number of targets for Allen to throw to or hand off for the run, they will exponentially increase their chances of advancing farther in the playoffs than they have for the last four years.
This year, they have a difficult schedule, playing their two main rivals, the Chiefs and the Bengals, on the road. I look forward to seeing how their improved offense operates against their playoff nemeses.
Be ready for all the NFL football action this year by signing up with BossAction pay per head software. Choose from three signup options: Starter, Pro, and All Star. Give your bettors the best experience betting on their favorite teams and players while giving yourself the best management tools so you can make more profits with less effort.
Call 1-800-339-4108 today to become a Boss Agent.
You May Also Like: