NFL Football 2023 Week 5 Preview. Probably the most anticipated game of the week will be between the 49ers and Cowboys. They have two of the best offenses in the NFL, with San Francisco averaging 31.3 ppg and Dallas 31.0 ppg.
Baltimore and Pittsburgh will be able to stoke their AFC North rivalry, while Detroit can try and pad their lead in the NFC North by taking on the 0-4 Carolina Panthers.
Buffalo and Jacksonville will be in England for their Sunday morning game. Seattle, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and the Los Angeles Chargers are all on Byes this week.
Week 5 NFL Schedule and Lines
Thursday, October 5
- Chicago Bears (0-4) vs. Washington Commanders (2-2) Commanders (-6.5, 45)
Sunday, October 8
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) vs. Buffalo Bills (3-1) Bills (-5.5, 48)
- New Orleans Saints (2-2) vs. New England Patriots (1-3) Patriots (-1.5, 39)
- Tennessee Titans (2-2) vs. Indianapolis Colts (2-2) Colts (-1.5, 42)
- Baltimore Ravens (3-1) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) Ravens (-4.5, 40)
- Carolina Panthers (0-4) vs. Detroit Lions (3-1) Lions (-8.5, 43.5)
- Houston Texans (2-2) vs. Atlanta Falcons (2-2) Falcons (-1.5, 41)
- New York Giants (1-3) vs. Miami Dolphins (3-1) Dolphins (-10.5, 49.5)
- Cincinnati Bengals (1-3) vs. Arizona Cardinals (1-3) Bengals (-3, 42.5)
- Philadelphia Eagles (4-0) vs. Los Angeles Rams (2-2) Eagles (-4.5, 47)
- New York Jets (1-3) vs. Denver Broncos (1-3) Broncos (-2.5, 40.5)
- Kansas City Chiefs (3-1) vs. Minnesota Vikings (1-3) Chiefs (-5.5, 52.5)
- Dallas Cowboys (3-1) vs. San Francisco 49ers (4-0) 49ers (-3.5, 45)
Monday, October 9
- Green Bay Packers (2-2) vs. Las Vegas Raiders (1-3) Packers (-1.5, 43.5)
The Texans are on a Roll
The Falcons are 1.5-point favorites in their upcoming game against the Texans, even though their play has been going downhill. They opened at -3.5 but have been dropped ever since. Watch the line, as it might eventually flip to Houston. Atlanta is 1-3 ATS this year.
Houston’s hot rookie quarterback, C.J. Stroud, has 280 or more passing yards and two touchdowns in three straight games. He is on track to break the record for most passing yards for a rookie in a single season.
Stroud, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, has the shortest odds of winning offensive rookie of the year (+175). In second place is Atlanta Falcons running back Bijan Robinson (+350).
Atlanta’s Desmond Ridder hasn’t been consistent even with Robinson to work with. He’s been sacked an average of four times per game, which is one of the reasons they can’t get their offense going. Keep your limits in for this game, as it’s one of the more unpredictable ones.
The Eagles Land in Los Angeles
One of only two undefeated teams, the Philadelphia Eagles will visit the Los Angeles Rams to keep their streak going. They have similar defenses, as LA ranks 15th in scoring defense, and Philadelphia is 16th. However, the Eagles have a top-five offense, while the Rams rank 13th.
Stafford leads the NFL in pass attempts and is second in passing yards. Unfortunately, that hasn’t resulted in more points. They are third last in passing touchdowns. Until the Rams can turn passing yards into touchdowns, they will lose more games, including this one. The Eagles should be able to win and cover.
Bengals in the Basement
Did anyone predict Cincinnati would be at the bottom of the AFC North division with two three-point games after only four weeks? Their game against the Cardinals could be a do-or-die situation in Week 5. At this point, they might as well sit Joe Burrow and let his calf properly heal. It would be less embarrassing.
Cincinnati averages only 4.0 yards per play, the lowest in the NFL, while the Cardinals are averaging 6.9 (at home) – the second-best in the NFL. Even though the Bengals are 0-3-1 ATS, I still have faith that they can get back on the winning side of the ledger. I just don’t know if that will start with this game.
How to Become a Booky That Makes Good Money
If you’re struggling or dissatisfied with your sports betting business, it could be because you’re not using the right pay per head software. BossAction provides all kinds of tools and features to run your business smoothly and successfully.
Now is the best time to try us out, as we have an All-inclusive plan for only $3 per head all the way to Super Bowl 2024. That gives you plenty of time to learn how to use our tools to make you more money, especially during football season. And we only require a minimum $25 deposit to get started.
Most companies that have similar features to ours require a minimum of $500 deposit. We want you to get the best sportsbook software without paying a lot of money.
Call 1-800-339-4108 today and get our latest feature, AI PlayHub. It provides betting suggestions to your players based on their preferences. They’ll spend less time searching for bets and more time enjoying the games. They no longer have to miss the bets they like to make.
Call BossAction today and see what you’ve been missing.