College Football 2023 Preview Week 8. The No. 18 USC suffered their first defeat last week against No. 15 Notre Dame. They still top the Pac-12 because they are undefeated in the conference. Unfortunately, they take on the No. 14 Utah Utes this week, which could be an even more difficult task than the Fighting Irish.
Alabama has done well since losing to No. 8 Texas in week 2. They’ll be tested over the next two weeks when they meet No. 17 Tennessee and No. 19 LSU.
Ranked Games for Week 8
There are four ranked matchups this week, including the top 10 game between No. 3 Ohio State and No. 7 Penn State. This could be the biggest game of the week.
Four teams have a bye this week: No. 1 Georgia, No. 12 Oregon State, No. 15 Notre Dame, and No. 21 Louisville.
Saturday, October 21
- 2 Michigan (7-0) at Michigan State (2-4) Michigan (-25, 48)
- 3 Ohio State (6-0) vs. No. 7 Penn State (6-0) Ohio State (-4.5, 48)
- 4 Florida State (6-0) vs. No. 16 Duke (5-1) Florida State (-14, 49)
- 5 Washington (7-0) vs. Arizona State (1-5) Washington (-28.5, 58.5)
- 6 Oklahoma (6-0) vs. UCF (3-3) Oklahoma (-18.5, 63.5)
- 8 Texas (5-1) at Houston (3-3) Texas (-22, 61.5)
- 9 Oregon (5-1) vs. Washington State (4-2) Oregon (-19, 60)
- 10 North Carolina (6-0) vs. Virginia (1-5) North Carolina (-23, 56.5)
- 11 Alabama (6-1) vs. No. 17 Tennessee (5-1) Alabama (-9.5, 47.5)
- 13 Ole Miss (5-1) at Auburn (3-3) Ole Miss (-5.5, 56.5)
- 14 Utah (5-1) at No. 18 Southern Cal (6-1) Southern Cal (-5.5, 56)
- 19 LSU (5-2) vs. Army (2-4) LSU (-30, 58)
- 20 Missouri (6-1) vs. South Carolina (2-4) Missouri (-6.5, 59)
- 22 Air Force (6-0) at Navy (3-3) Air Force (-10, 37.5)
- 23 Tulane (5-1) vs. North Texas (3-3) Tulane (-19.5, 62)
- 24 Iowa (6-1) vs. Minnesota (3-3) Iowa (-5.5, 32.5)
- 25 UCLA (4-2) at Stanford (2-4) UCLA (-16.5, 55.5)
The Fight for Michigan State
The Wolverines might be the favorites to win this one, but that’s not the end of the story. When they last met in 2022, a fight broke out in the tunnel, going back to the locker rooms after the game. Expect emotions to be high once again.
The Wolverines are the first team since 1936 to score at least 30 points in their first seven games while only allowing ten or fewer points. The Spartans have bragging rights on being the last team to beat the Wolverines on Oct. 30, 2021, but that won’t help them for Saturday’s game. They might keep the Wolverines from covering the spread if they can get under their skin.
Air Force Does Battle with Navy
The Air Force Falcons are having their best start in over 20 years. They lead the Mountain West Conference and have four consecutive games, scoring 34 or more points. The Falcons are the No. 1 ranked rushing team in college football (334.8 ypg) and 5th in rushing defense (77.0 ypg).
The Midshipmen are 5th in rushing offense (235.7 ypg), so expect both teams to focus on running the ball. But Navy isn’t nearly as good on defense, so the Falcons are expected to cover the spread. They should be able to go OVER as well. It’s a pretty low total (37.5).
The Future Looks Bright for Ole Miss
Auburn has another chance to pull off their first conference win. Unfortunately, they are on a three-game losing streak, with two of those games against ranked teams No. 1 Georgia and No. 19 LSU.
The Ole Miss Rebels look to get their third consecutive SEC win against the Tigers, but it won’t be as easy as it sounds. The Rebels have only beaten the Tigers on The Plains twice since 2000 (2003 and 2015), and Auburn’s head coach is former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze. This is his first year with the Tigers, and you can bet he’s been looking forward to this all season.
Ole Miss has a good schedule ahead of them. If they can gain an 8-1 record before taking on Georgia, they might be able to get into the top 10. But first, they have to cover the spread this Saturday.
The Tar Heels Keep Their Perfect Record
North Carolina is firmly in second place in the ACC with their win against Miami, FL, last week. Quarterback Drake Maye had four touchdowns with no interceptions, while transfer wideout Tez Walker scored three, and Omarion Hampton ran for almost 200 yards.
The only ranked game they have coming up is against No. 16 Duke. They should be able to stay undefeated if they stay healthy. Look to North Carolina to win and cover against Virginia.
Use the Sports Betting Software Built for Football Season
If you want to improve your sportsbook business, join BossAction and get your bookmaker website free. We have the best pay per head software with the latest features and tools, including AI PlayHub. This tool offers tailor-made betting suggestions to each of your players, depending on their personal preferences. It’ll save them so much time and headaches that they won’t know how they lived without it.
Until Superbowl 2024, we are offering our All-Inclusive plan at our lowest price of $3 per head, and you only need $25 to start. Companies with similar features want at least $500.
So call now to get our best deal at our lowest price, making you more money and saving you time. Call 1-800-339-4108 today.