After the 2020 NFL Season’s midway point, some teams are rewarding backers in NFL sportsbook wagering. Other teams aren’t. Check out an update of the teams dominating ATS betting on NFL and a list of those struggling.
COVID-19 has forced the NFL to call audibles with their schedule, but, for the most part, the National Football League has played a regular-season so far. After eight weeks of intense gridiron action, teams with star quarterbacks have flourished while most everyone else has struggled.
The Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger, the Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes, and the Baltimore Ravens Lamar Jackson have led their squads to the best records in the AFC. In the NFC, Tom Brady and the Buccaneers, the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints are near the top or on top of their respective divisions.
The best player in the NFL this season so far, Russell Wilson with the Seattle Seahawks, has his team a game ahead of surprising Arizona and second-year pro Kyler Murray.
Some teams with questionable quarterback play, though, have done very well against the spread this season. Agents that run pph sportsbook companies should take note. Sharp players are always looking to call bookie agents to bet on NFL games where they have an edge. With that in mind, check out the top five NFL teams against the spread and the bottom five so far in this intriguing professional gridiron season.
Steelers are an NFL ATS betting fans darling
The Pittsburgh Steelers have dominated against the spread. Often, though, NFL oddsmakers change lines in the second half of the season. They may do that with the Steelers. Still, we must be careful about Pittsburgh.
Bookies that offer free betting software can’t disregard any of these teams. Each has become a favorite among sharps, and that could lead to sportsbook risk. We list franchises with their against the spread records as well as a few thoughts on each.
- Pittsburgh Steelers 7-0 – Oddsmakers should adjust lines to prevent the Steelers from going 16-0 ATS this season.
- Kansas City Chiefs 6-2 – As long as Patrick Mahomes stays healthy, the Chiefs have a shot to cover spreads. The offense and defense are that good.
- Cincinnati Bengals 6-2 – So far, oddsmakers have undervalued Joe Burrow’s effect, and betting on NFL sharps have taken advantage. Will that continue?
- Miami Dolphins 5-2 – Tua Tagovailoa didn’t play great, but he made no mistakes in Miami’s Week 8 win over the L.A. Rams.
- L.A. Chargers 5-2 – Justin Herbert is the answer for the Bolts. The Chargers remain under the radar. It’s a matter of time before your best NFL sports bettors figure out they can make money backing LAC.
- Denver Broncos 5-2 – Here’s another under the radar squad. Keep them on your layoff account list just in case one of your bookie software players decides to dump on the Broncos.
- Green Bay Packers 5-2 – The Pack has started to revert to the mean. They’ve gone 1-2 ATS in their last three after starting the season going 4-0 against the spread.
- Seattle Seahawks 5-2 – Like the Packers, Seattle has gone 1-2 ATS in their last 3.
- Arizona Cardinals 5-2 – The Cards have won 3 straight against the spread, including beating the Seahawks 37-34 on the moneyline as a 3.5 home dog.
It appears that oddsmakers have already adjusted lines to affect NFL bets on the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers. The Seahawks and Packers have struggled to cover spreads in recent games.
That’s not true for the Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, and Cardinals. Soon, line adjustments should lead to those teams losing against the spread, though. The Kansas City Chiefs are in a different situation.
The Chiefs are good on both offense and defense. Heck, they’re not good. They’re great on both sides of the football. Pay per head agents like you should consider setting bet alerts for your K.C. Chiefs players. Once you get a signal, don’t fool around. Use the layoff account. Mahomes can blow any bookie out of the water.
NFL teams sharp betting NFL handicappers will play ATS
In football sports betting, players can wager on a team to cover the spread, no matter if they’re a favorite or underdog. Here is a list of teams the most experienced pro betting players will go against to ensure they cash.
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2-5
- Tennessee Titans 2-5
- New Orleans Saints 2-5
- Houston Texans 1-6
- New York Jets 1-7
- Dallas Cowboys 0-8
Until any of these teams show they can cover the spread, expect players to head to sportsbook software platforms and go against these squads. The Cowboys, especially, are a problem for online bookie agents. Per head agents must take care to manage wagers against the Cowboys to cover spreads. Setting max betting limits and max payout limits are a couple of ways to do that.
Use BossAction sportsbook platform to offer NFL
Not all pph software is the same. BossAction is the only company that provides an Agent Payment Solution where bookmakers can make online payments and collections.
By becoming a Boss Action agent, you can offer the Live+ in-game betting platform that provides a game tracker and video streams. You can also take part in the best referral program in the industry, and if you import your players today, you pay just $3 per head for up to 3 months.