Futures Odds for NFL MVP 2022-2023
Aaron Rodgers has four career NFL MVP awards, but with his top receiver moved to Vegas, his odds have dropped this year. Of course, Tom Brady is near the top of that list now that he’s back from almost retirement for the 2022-2023 NFL season.
The first non-quarterback on the list is below the top 15. Derrick Henry, RB for the Tennessee Titans, is at +5000 odds to take the award home this season. Here are the top five prospects to win the NFL MVP awards.
- Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills: Posting such impressive numbers in the air and being the team’s best rushing option makes defending against the young quarterback challenging. After only three seasons, he’s already on the top of the MVP list.
- Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Coming back from a short retirement, no one doubt’s his confidence and ability to win his eighth Super Bowl ring. That automatically puts him near the top of this list.
- Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs: His late-season success earned him a place near the top of the list. He’s losing his star receiver Tyreek Hill, but Mahomes says many receivers will replace him, “…it’s going to be everybody.”
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers: Drama and controversy doesn’t seem to affect Rodgers’ play. He won MVP last year but may have a more challenging time without WR Davante Adams.
- Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers: He may be lower on the list according to most sportsbooks, but the public like him the most. More money has been put on Herbert to win than any other player. It’s no wonder the always calm and collected quarterback is near the top of the list.
As expected, the MVP rankings for NFL 2022-2023 closely mirror the futures odds for teams to win the Super Bowl. Buffalo Bills are on top, with the Buccaneers, Kansas City, and Green Bay in line behind them. But let’s take a look at the predicted winners of each Division.
The Los Angeles Rams are an easy pick to top this division. The defending Super Bowl champs have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Their off-season roster shakeup and excellent coaching should be enough to help them win the Division over the 49ers, Cardinals, and Seahawks.
Picking the Green Bay Packers to lead the North is also an easy prediction to make. They’ve been leading this division almost every season for over a decade. Their defense and rushing game should be enough to keep them ahead of the Vikings, but if Rodgers has another great season, they could also be competing for the Super Bowl. The Lion and Bears won’t be competitive this year.
No other team will stand a chance in this division if Tom Brady stays healthy. The Buccaneers are just as talented as last NFL season, so odds are they will rise to the top and stay there for 2022-2023. Unfortunately, the Saints and Falcons won’t do well this year, but the Carolina Panthers will win many more games with quarterback Baker Mayfield and an improved offensive line.
Two strong teams are vying for the top spot in the East. The Philadelphia Eagles have some issues with quarterback Jalen Hurts, but the team has the best roster in this Division. If Hurts can improve his accuracy and decisions under pressure, they should be able to inch past the Cowboys. However, if Dak Prescott is healthy, he should be able to outdo Hurts and lead Dallas past Philadelphia.
Any team in this division could lead any other division in the league. It is the most competitive and, therefore, the toughest to predict. The Kansas City Chiefs have dominated this division for six years but are expected to be overtaken by the Los Angeles Chargers. With a much-improved defense and MVP hopeful Justin Herbert leading the offense, the Chargers may be able to surpass the Chiefs. But if they can’t do it, the Denver Broncos and Las Vegas Raiders are poised to take the spot. Each one of these teams could make it to the playoffs.
Another tight division with only one team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, lagging behind. The Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns should have an impressive season, but the Baltimore Ravens have the best defense and coaching of the three. They should be able to edge out the other two.
This is another division with two top NFL teams expected to compete for the lead in 2022-2023. The Indianapolis Colts have the edge with a younger roster and a more balanced team. The Tennessee Titans have a chance to make the playoffs, but if they don’t, it will be a rebuilding year after. The Jacksonville Jaguars plan to improve on last year’s record, but the Houston Texans are expected to be at the bottom of the division.
Since the Buffalo Bills have the best odds to win the Super Bowl this year, it stands to reason that they’ll also take the top spot in their division. No one will be overtaking them with Josh Allen at the helm and their elite defense. The Miami Dolphins may make the playoffs, but that rests mainly on the shoulders of young quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Following behind are the New England Patriots and New York Jets.
The NFL season still has time till the first kickoff, but betting on futures is well on its way. If you’re a pay per head bookie but not with BossAction yet, consider coming over now and start making more cash. Boss agents make an average of 23% more money when they transfer over.
You May Also Like: